- In a skillet (I like cast iron) over medium heat, mix corn (canned, frozen, fresh) and heavy cream by 2:1 ratio, a pinch of salt, a small bit of sugar, and pepper.
- Instead of heavy cream, sour cream works too - it gives the cream corn a deeper, cheesy flavor and can go well with the sweetness of the corn. If you need more salt, add little by little to taste. Same with sugar.
- In a smaller skillet or pan, make roux with butter and flour (ratio of 1:1) until blonde color, then immediately cool with milk and mix into corn mix.
- For a can of corn (like 2 cups), I like to use 1 tbspn of butter, 1 tbspn of flour, and a cup of milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened